Tuesday, June 24, 2008

June 15, 2008

After a late start due to a father's day barbecue at our house, I was able to get on the water at about 3:00pm.  Lynne's brother Scott, his wife, Amy and her brother Jeff, and his wife, Nancy were out visiting and I was able to talk them into being my crew.   Scott and Jeff did a great job taking off the sail cover and getting Wildcat ready to go. I did the rest of the pre-cruise, and in no time we were on the water.  As soon as we got to Coast Guard Island I yanked the sail up and we were off, sailing up the estuary towards the Bay.  The wind was at about 13-16 knts and at an angle that permitted me to tack up the estuary.  After finally getting to Oakland Outer Harbor it was time to turn back to the slip.  Fortunately, it was a run back in.  We were able to relax and enjoy the setting sun.  Everyone had a good time as usual and we were back at the slip about 8:00pm.

No comments: